Thursday 2 December 2010

'crack/back' photos 1

I went out and took some photos while walking of my shoes on cracks or seams of pavements as it fell/happened. this was only a small percent of what i actually stepped on. 

I tried to repeat the process so alot of the images are very similar with only the lighting (dependent on the location) as well as the floor itself. I like this idea that there is a constant against the veriable and it adds dimention to the images. And while they are simple images, im sure they will be more powerful as dyptics or grids, after all the idea i am trying to portray is that there are cracks/broken pavements/roads everywhere that it would be impossible to miss. I also tried to capture a selection of different paths, playing with the idea of lines and texture in the images. I also wanted to try and get alternative feet 'left' then a 'right' because i feel if it was all the same foot it would look weird? unless thats what i was going for?! while the quality is not to bad i'd like to reshoot with my slr, or even just a compact with a higher resolution and better sensor then my phone. I'd also like to experiemtn with maybe different shoes, different weather (rain on the floor, dry, frost, snow?) to see how that effects the images.
i think my next experiment will be to see how it looks as a group of images setting it up as a dyptic certacy of photoshop!








No comments:

Post a Comment