Thursday 18 November 2010

New project?

Well not really new, but adapting my project something new. i really like this idea of using superstitions with a mix of poes writing. Ive been looking around for a new competition and ive found one that would be approapritate to where my project is going. 
The new competition ive found to look into using i actually found on blackboard which was uploaded as a thing of interest to us.
its the Harman Inkjet 'be inspired' compertition on the idea of Urban Culture. The first thing that jumped out to me was the idea of being inspired,  by music, travel, art they state
on the website by why not literature? 
the second was the use of culture, and the idea of superstitions is all to do with our history and culture. its whats passed down from mother to daughter, father to son.
And the way its urban culture, it makes me think of modernistic culture, the modern world. it made me think, 
how are these oldwives tales and storys and superstitions how are they relivent in modern day times?  And i think this is what im going to be exploring in my work from now. 
I enjoy the documentry style of photography without being to candid, so i may ask people what susperstitions they follow or believe in and photograph them doing it, or ask what ones are outdated. or even myself just look through a list of them and think which ones i feel are outdated and are no longer relivent and stage them.

No comments:

Post a Comment