Wednesday 17 November 2010

Too late?

i know i havent uploaded a post in a while, and im panicing about how little i have done so far for this module. and in all honestly i feel like i have total artistical block and the more i think about ti the more i panic and the more/ i worry about how little work or the lack of ideas im having and its having a very bad repercussion on me at the moment. After talking to my tutor in my tutorial last week it was clear to me that i need to focus in on my work, decided why it is im doing what im doing and what i want to acheive from it. I also need to kick my butt into gear and experiment even if it is bad. My problem is that im really usure that what i initially said i wanted to do, was not just me scraping the bottom for ideas and actually what i wanted to do. Reading these storys are giving me ideas but narrative pieces are not what im good at. I enjoy alot more conceptial or even abstract images and i think heres where my problems lies, how do i turn my idea of a narrative based around the works of poe into something that i can feel inspired and feel i can achieve in, and thats more me?
Im going to push myself to findout what it is i want to look at. Ive got a few artists and photographers to look at from the last lecture (zoey) who did work based on fairytales and folk storys but they werent really obvious which i liked. She also looked at susperstition which really interested to me as Poes work features heavily on objects, animals ect that feature heavily in susperstion, Maybe this is my way into something abit more me? 
I've kinda felt lost in the theory behind this, Ive been reading about the horror genre, the philosophical looks at the genre, books on gothic literature and the history of poe and i really think this isnt what i need to be looking at. I need to be focusing my ideas on this of photography, art, film, instillations. that which i can get my head around in relation to my work.
Im also going to have a look at different competitions. I think after this time debating about what i want to do ive realised that film isnt it and that my confidence and skillset is much better in photography.

My aims by my next tutorial 25th November is to have a new basis of my work, Alot more reaserch done looking at relivent works and decided on my 'brief' of choice as it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment