Saturday 9 April 2011

Construction of book.

Currently ive been focusing on the contruction of my book, and working on the use of text with imagery. Some of the layouts are working better then others, and have slightly had to edit around images and structures to fit better in with the book. It also makes me think have i got enough superstitions in total? maybe lowering the amount of images per susperstition and such.
so far my structure is as follows:
step on a crack,
number 13,
he loves me, he loves me not,
break a mirror 7 years bad luck
one door open another closes (new year)
Shoes on a table.

Maybe i should look into doing some more superstitions, but as it stands my book is around 40pages long.
The combination of text and imagery seems to work very well. The different ways of combining the two follows this idea of each mircro project having its own indivudal style.

The inital front cover is to be just plain black, with the name, subtitle and name on the front, and the back my current logo. The reason for the simple black cover is a reminder of the books that u can get with the idea of the 'little book of chocolate, or little book of happiness' style books.

little book examples

the mock up of the step on the crack, break mothers back images.

Mock up of the text to accompany the door images.
some of the dyptic images such as the he loves me, he loves me not i did experiment with the idea of putting one dyptic on each page. such as below:
However it didnt really work structually compaired to dyptic spread over a double page. with the addition of text it works alot better.

So what i need to think about now is how many more i would want to include? 

No comments:

Post a Comment