Wednesday 13 April 2011

More old wives tales and superstitions.

I've actually been trying to focus and find more usual superstitions to add to my book and how they would work in my book. While playing around with the few ideas i started to think about more specific superstitions, from different countrys, different times of year, different kinds of people who would be supersitious Which did lead me to my next idea.
Thinking about specific times of year i thought back to the idea of christmas and christmas decorations. I know that one of the superstions that my mum always trys to live by is this idea that ur decorations must go up 12 days before and 12days after. It then lead me to remember about a series of images that i had taken earlier on in the year, only a few months back where i was shocked to still see lights up. I dont want to do the obvious image of a christmas tree with lights and be so typical, after all this is not a christmas card! but i do remember some of these images and that i liked them because they were unsual, and in a sence they did take me to this idea of a deadly christmas or a not so merry christmas. 
When we think of christmas we think of plump green trees covered in lights and surrounded by gifts, while the images that i took were of skeleton like trees and a dull sky. The contrast of the lights to the trees/ and sky is what i liked, the bright prime colours incontrast to an image that would be black and white otherwise. They also dont look very christmasy, and i think one of these images cropped down along side the simple words 12 days would work great as an addition to my superstitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment