Sunday 20 February 2011

Break Mirror inital ideas.

So far ive been pretty focused within my two initial ideas and i thought i better breaking into more superstitions before it gets to late and i dont have enough time to develop them to the stages of my other superstitions.
The next one i have decided to look into is the superstition of breaking a mirror causes 7 years bad luck. The interesting thing about this one is that when i said to my mate that i was going to do this superstition her reply was 'you cant do that!' which was an interesting responce. This is still one of the most common superstions believed.
My initial ideas were to get my hand on a mass of old, cheap mirrors and break them placing them into different locations, however as my other superstitions have abit of a deeper meaning then just a pretty picture, i thought that maybe i should look abit deeper into the subject. 

Thinking of what would go well with mirrors the first thing that came to me was vanity.  mirrors is often associated with people who are vain. It lead me to the association between the two, as well as the first mirrors i brought were actually heart shaped, suggesting that the person who is looking at themselves are looking at themselves in a heart with is pretty ego-tastic.

the only problem how was i to capture vanity? time for a few photographic exeperiements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment