Monday 7 February 2011

Use of text with images and design of book- initial ideas.

As i said before i wanted to encorperate text with my images to change the meaning of the images, to add or to effect the audiences view on the images and cause a link between the less obvious images and the actually superstitions themselves. I really need to think of the text i would want to go together with the images.
the superstitons ive been focusing on so far are:

Step on a crack, break your mothers back.
He loves me, he loves me not.


I think the use of text is very important with these images. The initial reserch and idea for this project was looking at the relationship between text and imagery.

I also will need to start to concider the design of my book that i which to produce. A name, cover, spinal details? I think that i will start to make notes in my note book for the design of the book while i manage to continue into getting more superstitions and oldwives tales.I need to also work out how many images of each superstition i would need to include in these images. 


I may run a trip to the libary to look at different photography book styles or maybe even a bookshop, to get some ideas for layouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment