Friday 4 March 2011

Shoes on table- bad luck

According to susperstitions its bad luck to put new shoes on a table. This auto matically reminded me of a book a looked at in the first year called '100 boots' (see write up) and how they use shoes to create a narrtive and almost create the boots to no longer be inanimate. I wanted to look at this and experiement slightly with this. I wanted the shoes to be reflective of the surrounding. The first experiment that i wanted to try was just simply in my room, a students room, so i used trainers (which ironically were new!) and tried to get the look that the shoes are actually doing something at the table. My plan is to have an image of the shoes in the location and creating a dyptic with a close up of the shoes, I got the following images:
However after shooting here i felt rather uninspired, i was very unhappy with the images. They didnt have the high standard feel of the other micro projects that i have taken leeps and bounds. What was the next step? i thought id experiment with the idea of new locations as maybe it was just the location i was not happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment